Bowable Guitar

I've wanted to build one of these for a while. I had a local (somewhat) customer contact me probably a year ago asking about one and just recently I heard back from him to get started. This should be an interesting project so I figured I'd actually start a post about it instead of just dropping it in the GOTM thread in a few months.

Its basically my standard SF3 shape, only a little smaller, about an inch narrower overall and an even slimmer "waist" for bow access. The fingerboard radius will be a compound 7.25"-4.531" (3.625" bridge radius for easy single/double string bowing). The woods are a strange combo for me but I really like them. Acoustic grade redwood (super tight rings) for the top, poplar main body, and spalt maple back with wenge lams separating it all. The neck will be maple with wenge lams and basically everything else will be ebony. Fretless fingerboard with maple fretlines and homemade wooden bridge (with metal saddles and locking posts from baby grand).

There's going to be a lot of carving through the back and top to really emphasize the wenge lams and contours.

Here's some pics:

01t.gif 02t.gif 04t.gif 05t.gif

I built a bowable bass as my first instrument. Granted I had no clue what I was doing, but it came out all right. it's on this site somewhere...

Here:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...mp;#entry269802

Don't have much advice though, but good luck.

Dude; why wernt you posting some of these pics when you were trying to explain your new project?

thats much easier to understand what your going for?

jesus; i think im gonna make something like that! :D (imagine the emoticon playing with a bow!)