8 String Baritone ...

somn

Definitely - I would probably approach it with my head before putting hell to wood :-D

My Ibanez S1640FM is just over 1/2" thick at the rear button and horns, and widens in the recesses....

ibanez_5.jpg

I realise the shape is computer carved, but as a CAD technician I kind of wonder what the basis behind the radii are around the body....it could be as simple as a flattened football (rugby ball to us English!) or a number of radii....I'd love to know the answer to that one....and then to be able to build a non-duplicarver jig for it :-D

thanks for the pics it helps alot most of the s pics i find are not as detailed as yours thanks for the help

by the way my new kahler 8 finaly came in today took forever but it came in

4-1.jpg

i just wonder if i shuold wait for the locking nut or just use locking tuners

ps my 85 to 14 gage strings fit i was woryed about that

Edited by somn

• 3 weeks later...
Nice, that's the only word to describe that Kahler!

I like how it's going that guitar, i can't wait to finish mine!

man i cant wait to see your guitar too you had some crazy woods if i can reamber

im going to be e-mailing kahler to see if i can get the nut already a guy who ive been e-mailing back and forth from kahler said all i got to do is let him know when i want it to call in and order it from him so hopefully friday i can do it as for this 8 im going to do it with the shedua that i got wish me luck you guys should cheak out the wamme forum

Edited by somn