Slotted Board Question

I have been using slotted boards for a while now.My problem was I would only buy the one I needed for my project.

Last time I bought 4 boards to have some extras.

So I build one and a couple months I go to start another.

I put a straight edge on the boards and one edge is cupped while the other has a hump.The same for all of them.

The wood moved on me.

My last build got trashed because I was having trouble fretting.I kept thinking I must have bent the wire because it wouldn't go in the slot.I'm thinking the slots were slightly un true due to the bending of the board.

So is there nothing you could do for these,seeing as the slots now are probably going around a slight corner? :D

I think you're talking about the fretboard?

I'm assuming you stored it in the wrong place. Either too moist or dry. I have mine wrapped in bubble wraps and have 2 in my basement for a year now, and haven't cupped/bent..

Thing is, you have to glue in the fretboard as soon as you can.

And yes, it tends to warp inward (looking from a side point of view of a rightside up placed fretboard). The top part of fretboard will expand, but because of the gaps in between, it won't 'stretch' the wood, whereas the bottom will expand making the fretboard expand on the bottom part, but keeping relatively same on the top part. So each end will "rise".

Sometimes just holding them down with clamps on a flat surface will get it back to normal.

I had never had to deal with warping luckily as Toronto has a mild humidity level.

Im talking about the edges not the fretting or glueing surfaces.

The board on its "edge" isn't straight,it's curved.The other side of the curved side has a hump.

So the fretslots at the Bass end and the treble end would be fanned in a little.(assuming they used a square blank)

If you know what I mean,do you think I could bend it back?

Edited by ibreakemineedtobuildem