2nd Build

looks nice, the neck looks very flat on the back though. I guess that you've just rough carved it but I personally would prefer to carve the approximate shape & then gradually thin it out rather than do it the other way round....because it's easier to tell whether a neck is too chunky when it is shaped like a neck & take some wood away.

Personally I would have used a veneer or something to seperate the woods in the body as they kinda merge together.

Props for making something original, it's a little too busy for me but it's coming along nicely. I think that the Stew-Mac knobs look fugly on that body so I'd go for some custom turned ones. Maybe go for some maple ones with a contrasting dome top of walnut?

just my 2cents...or rather 2pence

lol. well atleast having to play guitar lefty did something good for me. it got me into guitar building, now im just addicted.

so as im nearing completion on this (just need to do a couple finishing things nothing too big) i would like to know how i would blend the finishes cause the necks gonnabea tung oil finish and the body is gonna be nitro most likely

• 1 month later...