The Same Neck !

olyen

this is the third guitar this neck is going to be in,the first one ended up being to short a neck pocket so i made another neck for that one ,then put that neck on my last project that ended up being trashed,cause i didnt like the finish and stripped it and then sanded through and so osn and so on,so here s the project now ,I made this new body and an LP copy, and I am debating wether i enhance the figure with some Dye or leave it natural wich is what i ve been wanting for a while,but the figure is not as strong all the way across the piece so i thougt i might have to disguise that with a sunburst,but then again I could be wrong and it s probably gonna look good in natural,let me know what you guys think,

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/olye...SGUITARS126.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/olye...SGUITARS125.jpg

I like it, dude!

And the guitar it's really sweet with that top.

thanks man,i like it too,and i routed the neck pocket today, i just needto do the pickup cavities wich is going to be tricky with the carved top,but I think I ll use the myka gig to do it, hopefully ill do it right,some pics later today,still would like to hear more opinions about the finish.

IMO a nice gentle amber burst would set off that ebony/inlay :D :D

thats a great looking neck

thats exactly how i feel about it,I just have done the amber thing so many times that i really wanted different but i also think this piece screams for it,as for the neck ,thanks for the kind words about it ,I think once its ready i t ll look better though ,right now i need to clean it up, and do the fret level and dressing cause i havent yet,i could route the pickups today though,i ll try that tomorrow,PTU 7 i like that purple guitar,i dont think for this one though,maybe on a different one,I am trying to do a turquoise color soon,we ll see.

• 1 month later...
That looks super clean, I love it!
thank you,well it is my best guitar so far ,it is a lot better than the previous ones,i think it looks a little empty though,dont you think,i am not planning to do anything

to it for now though,I am just getting used to the way it looks.