Monterey Pop Stratocaster

Awhile ago I asked for some help from this forum, and with it I have finished my first alteration of a guitar. Nothing compared to what usually is done around here, but it suits me.

It is a copy of the Jimi Hendrix Monterey Pop replica, with some changes. I did it on a Squier, and it turned out pretty good:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t311/re.../DSCF1111e2.jpg

Detail:

DSCF1095e.jpg

cool guitars.

mines a little different, its the hendrix saville theatre strat. the last guitar he played live in Europe before touring america. i think he might have lit this one on fire as well. i do know that he broke this one and threw it into audience.

mines got the prayer on the back. do those ones also.

100_1313.jpg

heres the prayer

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/ze...ld/100_1314.jpg

I see there's some differences between the Zepchilds and the Fangear Saville strat.

Anyone know where I can access some pictures of the original saville strat from that night (if they exist). I was going to do a refin to look like a 62 strat (aged but not reiced), but maybe I should do a saville strat, which be appropriate cause...

I was there in the Saville theatre that night and from memory (you know what they say about the sixties), Jimi did'nt burn this one - just busted it up against his amps (roadie behind supporting it) and threw the bits out to the audience.

Interestingly - Jimi had finished his set using a black strat I think, and as the crowd howled for encore's I'm sure the show presenter (some dj of the time), walked out and announced as this was Jimi's last gig in the uk before going to the US they presented the saville strat to him which he used for 2 or 3 songs before busting it up at the end of wild thing.

I'd assumed someone else had done the paintwork but I dont know, it could have been Jimi and the ' presentation thing' was just a bit of theatre.

Joe