I think I've...

rob

Awww man! I think one of my speakers in my trace elliot 2X10 bass cab has busted! I don't think its blown cos' the speakers still intact, but when I turn it up loud, I can't feel any air being pushed out of the bottom one. I havet used it in a while, but I remember it being louder when I got the vol. on 1, and my peavey micro bass combo sounds louder! This has come at a real bad time if any thing bad has gone wrong, cos' I got no money and I just blew the speaker in my shitty 1X15! so I got no more cabs! If any one has got any advice on how i can tell whats wrong, I'd be grateful.

Thanks Rob

yeah I dont think theres any sound comin out cos when I turn it up loud, I can see the speakers moving, but the bottom one isn't moving, so do you reckon it could it could be a lose wire? How would I find it and correct it?

Thanks Rob

If the voice coil overheated and fried, or got thrown off-center and jammed, the speaker would still look 'normal', but be roastie-toastie.

B) Say bye bye :D

Just pull it apart and have a look-see, if a wire came off, it should be pretty obvious. If the wires are connected and connected well, at both ends, speaker is probably gone.

You could also look on the back side of the connectors, you will see the two wires going to the voice coil, if either one of those came off, that would do it too. Be careful, they're kinda delicate...

ouch, so if I carefully take the speaker out and have a look, I shoud be able to tell whats up. Is there any way to get it repaired if it has gone? And could I rewire the cab(if one of the speakers has gone) so it would still be 8 ohms?

Thanks, Rob

I have all of my re-cones done by WeberVST.

You might have someone local to you tho...

No way to re-wire to 8, but your mismatch is at 100% right now, it 'should' be OK, try not to max it out tho...hard on the OT.

Old Fender OT's were heavy duty and could stand a 100% mismatch OK, I'm not sure how well built the OT's in more recent amps are...