Bought A Bandsaw

pmarlin

I just got the Craftsman 10 in. Band Saw. Last night when I looked online it was $99.99 and went in today and that eneded yesterday, just my luck . Well I got it anyways, looks to be a nice saw. I didnt like the plastic on the Ryobi and Delta $99 ones so I went ahead with this one for $50 more.

Craftsman 10 in Band Saw

So now I can get started on my build. I have all the wood ready to start.

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to start looking at purchasing a bandsaw for my next guitar build but first I have to set up a proper workspace. A cold, cramped corner of a garage is no place to build.

Regards,

Rob

I just got the Craftsman 10 in. Band Saw. Last night when I looked online it was $99.99 and went in today and that eneded yesterday, just my luck . Well I got it anyways, looks to be a nice saw. I didnt like the plastic on the Ryobi and Delta $99 ones so I went ahead with this one for $50 more.

Craftsman 10 in Band Saw

So now I can get started on my build. I have all the wood ready to start.

You're going to like that bandsaw. I was wondering if anyone here was going to snag one. $99 would have been killer, but even $149 is good for that saw.

I posted about replacing the guide bearings on it's big brother, the 22401. It's MUCH nicer now.

Craftsman 22401 guide bearing replacement.

I'm going to have to take a look at one of those. I have other Craftsman tools, saws. This saw looks killer, and the price is right.

Hey, would you mind posting the height, width, depth, etc. Thanks.

I do have a metal cutting Harbor Freight special, that allows you to cut in the upright position like this saw. My buddy says that will work, if I change the blade. Hmmm, I'm wondering.

Rob, get propane. I've been very pleased with the quality of heat and it's fairly economical. I used to live in Palenville, just up the road, about 12 miles from Hunter Mountain. It's colder in NY than here in Oregon. LOL I use one of the single burner types, when its not so cold, and a rocket engine floor job type when its really brisk out. I bought a 50# tank. I get great gas mileage.

Edited by Carl762