ACG build progress.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up commenting on every guitar you posted recently, because it was on the verge of giving me RSI :D

Seriously, you seem to be cranking these out at a crazy speed, and they all look awesome without exception.

I'm liking the wenge one most personally.

Edited by Ben

Hi Tim

Things are going in the right direction. What you are seeing is just the progress on about 6 builds I am working on at the moment but none are close to being finished. I am waiting for various parts to turn up and then there is all the spraying to do so still loads of work to do.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Spent most of the day sorting out the control cover and lining the cavity edge with veneer.

Also got the neck pocket sorted out for the 4 string Harlot fretless.

576317566_3ce938ab93.jpg

Pictures of the covers are on my site in the relevant build thread in the gallery.

Thanks guys.

I was never to sure about single cuts when I first saw them but now I think I prefer them.

Tim they balance very well as long as the strap button is at the 12 th fret or below. That is why the strap button is on the back of the above bass.

Alan

stunning, very inspirational. I really appreciate, as I'm sure others do, professional builders such as yourself taking the time to show off your projects on this supposedly "hobby" site. It's good to have people showing standards to work towards.

The control cavity on the lefty, is the recess cut into the burl or has the recessed section been veneered?

The S-type Harlot looks amazing. The wood choice is very classy & understated.

It was not that long ago that I was looking at guitars here and thinking no way I can do that. It always takes me a bit by surprise when someone refers to me as a professional.

The cavity is routed into the burl.

The S Type is now being sprayed which will take a while as the pores in the wenge are huge.

Alan

Nice work Alan,

Glad to see you are flying along with the builds bud, looks like my fretboards will be with me next week so Im gonna be cracking on with my commissions.

Speak soon,

Robbie.

Edited by RIM Basses