Quilted Maple

Briscriggs

I fell a highly figured maple tree 1.5 years ago and it yeilded a lot musical grade quilt. I aready have lots of 2a 3a billets but really would like to aquire some 5aaaaa flame. Straight trade. The billet size of the 5aaaaa quilt is 7.25x20x1.75- shy, in between1.625.I regret not making the billets thicker but it's still enough for .625 bookmatch and 1 drop top bookmatch. Oh yeah the woods at 12 percent moisture air dried. I don't know how to post pictures yet but i'll find a way to show product. Beautiful lumber for Beautiful lumber! OUT CHRIS!

Edited by Briscriggs

I fell a highly figured maple tree 1.5 years ago and it yeilded a lot musical grade quilt. I aready have lots of 2a 3a billets but really would like to aquire some 5aaaaa flame. Straight trade. The billet size of the 5aaaaa quilt is 7.25x20x1.75- shy, in between1.625.I regret not making the billets thicker but it's still enough for .625 bookmatch and 1 drop top bookmatch. Oh yeah the woods at 12 percent moisture air dried. I don't know how to post pictures yet but i'll find a way to show product. Beautiful lumber for Beautiful lumber! OUT CHRIS!

How bout some pics. How much are you looking to swap(5,10,50 billets?). Where abouts are you located(might make any kinda swapping cost prohibitive)?

Peace,Rich

How bout some pics. How much are you looking to swap(5,10,50 billets?). Where abouts are you located(might make any kinda swapping cost prohibitive)?

Peace,Rich

I'm located in Vancouver B.C ,I just wanted to swap a couple billets. I ll have to find a way to send you some pictures cause I don't know how to post pictures on this site yet. Do you have some PIctures Chris.

You can't post pictures directly to the forum. If you want to post pictures, you'll need a (free) account at an online picture hosting service like www.photobucket.com or www.flickr.com. I haven't used flickr before, with photobucket after you upload your photos it gives you several addresses for the pictures. One of the addresses has an %7Boption%7D tag in front of it. If you copy and paste that into your post, it will show up in your post.

Peace,Rich

I'm located in Vancouver B.C ,I just wanted to swap a couple billets. I ll have to find a way to send you some pictures cause I don't know how to post pictures on this site yet. Do you have some PIctures Chris.

Hmmm... Vancover BC. Your close as I am in Portland Or., but shipping from Canada will kill the deal for me(shipping sucks- that would apply to both of us really). If you are in Canada you should either find someone in Canada or just buy some flamed billets from dealers close to you(the shipping is reasonable and there are dealers in BC that have really good prices).

Peace,Rich