Emg Help!

tim_ado

ok just finishing up my bass now and ive got a pair of active DC-35 for a bass

ive looked at the diagram and can't really get it working

it came with a transistor inbetween the volume and the tone but that was for one pickup

do u still need the tran in there for 2 pickups?

does anyone have anytips or something??

sorry im a electronics noob and ive got no idea

well at first it just didnt work but i have another go at it and it was interesting

the tone knob worked as a volume knob for one pick up

one volume knob was the tone

and the other volume knob was pickuping up the radio lol

could some talk me through the diagram if i got the link for the one im using??

The cap is the little round thing on the tone on the diagram, if you're looking at diagram #2. Try using the zoom feature on Acrobat to make the diagram large enough to make out the details. You'd think with computers and color printing available for so cheap EMG would update their diagrams and support sheets.

sweet im going to buy another battery clip today

ok i scabbed this quote from another tread but at the moment my wiring has a master volume(supposted to be the tone) and a volume for each pickup kinda like a jazz bass set up

i like it like this and i know how to fix it (i think) but by not having an offical tone and i limiting my EMGs and there sound

here the quote if it helps

In a guitar, if you don't have batteries, there are no active tone controls, period. What that means is that any tone control can only decrease amplitude of certain frequencies, never increase them.

A normal tone control actually works by shunting some of the high frequencies to ground (treble cut). This is a low-pass filter and works by having the input signal go through a resistor (the tone pot) then has signal out with a capacitor to ground. You can make a tone control which shunts low frequencies to ground (bass cut), a high-pass filter, by reversing the position of the cap and resistor - you would have the input signal go through a resistor, then have your output signal and a resistor to ground. I've never tried this in the context of guitar wiring, although it's common in other areas of electronics. The same values you use for a normal tone control may or may not work