F-holes' Affect On Sound, Also Shapes

i'm making an electric guitar with a mahogany body with a maple top. i'm going to chamber it, and i'm wondering if f-holes will be a good idea.

if anyone can tell me how f-holes affect the sound, i'd appreciate it!

i'm also thinking about alternate shapes for f-holes. like x-holes or something else. haha i just think it'd work better with the style and attitude of the guitar i'm making. but that'll be just for looks, if it would affect the sound negatively, i won't try. if anyone has experience or suggestions, i'd love to hear them! thanks a lot!

It is going to make very little difference.

It does depend on the chambering you do - if you build a guitar almost completely hollow then its more likely to feedback with soundholes than it is without.

Shape of f-hole doesnt really matter till you get into archtop territory - bc rich have been doing dagger shaped holes on there thinline for a while.

bc rich dagger

I am not trying to say it makes no difference, just that its not that much and more noticeable when played acoustically than when the guitar is plugged in anyway

It is going to make very little difference.

It does depend on the chambering you do - if you build a guitar almost completely hollow then its more likely to feedback with soundholes than it is without.

Shape of f-hole doesnt really matter till you get into archtop territory - bc rich have been doing dagger shaped holes on there thinline for a while.

bc rich dagger

I am not trying to say it makes no difference, just that its not that much and more noticeable when played acoustically than when the guitar is plugged in anyway

thanks, you definantly helped! i'm planning my guitar to be mostly a solidbody with just some chambers. i'm thinking about several smaller chambers, with maybe a small x-hole for some of them.

and that bc rich is just an overall cool guitar!