Superglue On Neck

Hi. I read a thread a while back that described using ca on a neck as a finish. I tried it on a flat piece of maple and the feel was incredible. I have a few questions. I used a credit card to applyit to a flat piece. Would wiping it on with a rag be better for a neck, or does the ca dry too fast to get an even coat? Also, I saw some guys talk about a black ca. Where is this available, and can this be used as a pore filler just to accent the pores before coating again with clear ca? Thanks

Stewmac carries the black stuff, and maple has no pores to fill.

Try various options, see what works for you. Wiping with a rag is very unlikely to be successful, although a small bit of paper towel, a small pool of CA, and keeping things moving AT ALL TIMES might work OK. Did a pore fill on a guitar that way once, don't really reccomend it...

On the occasions I've used CA to pore fill or finish, I've simply wiped it on with a finger. You *must* keep it moving, otherwise the consequnces are as unpleasant as they are predictable. After you're done, soaking you hand in warm water will allow you to peel the CA off your finger in large pieces.

On the occasions I've used CA to pore fill or finish, I've simply wiped it on with a finger. You *must* keep it moving, otherwise the consequnces are as unpleasant as they are predictable. After you're done, soaking you hand in warm water will allow you to peel the CA off your finger in large pieces.

Try a latex glove next time. Works the same way, no peeling necessary. It can be a bit fiddly, though...

edit: also, empty your inbox a little, would ya?

Edited by Mattia