Do You Need A Neck? So Do I

DrummerDude

Hi guys, I want to trade my Sqiuer Standard neck for *ANY* neck from *ANY* brand or model guitar that would be appropriate for my future Jackson Rhoads project.

Apparently my Fender-ish neck is not the most suitable for use on a Metal guitar, so I have to find another one.

NOT GOOD:

s5001795ka5.jpg

I need a neck that has an angle at the headstock, it must NOT be 3R3L and it must have a pointy headstock too.

The new neck must NOT have shark fin inlays or bindings (hate those things).

Dot inlays are perfectly OK.

Another thing: Squier necks from the 'Standard' series are 41mm wide at the nut.

This is too narrow for my liking and I don't care if this is the Fender standard that everybody loves.

My new neck must be somewhere between 42mm and 44mm at the nut.

So, that's it.

If you need a Fender-ish neck for your old school project and if you have a spare neck from a cheap Jackson or whatever Metal guitar, that you want to let go, then let's trade.

Thanks!

PHOTOS OF MY SQUIER NECK FOLLOW:

s5001787zh8.jpg

s5001788wr8.jpg

s5001791sw6.jpg

s5001792bu1.jpg

s5001793ko0.jpg

Just a bump.

C'mon guys, I'm giving away this excellent condition Stratocaster neck for any kind of "metal" neck you may have. Any neck from a Jackson, Kramer, ESP, LTD... whatever comes around. Anything pointy with a headstock angle would do. Even a neck from a cheap Chinese guitar would be fine.

I would swap my Strat neck even for a battered, scratched and nicked "metal" guitar neck as long as that new neck does not need any fret work.

Edited by DrummerDude

• 2 weeks later...

cant you just reshape the headstock?

+1

Something like this maybe?

s5001795ka5.jpg

• 1 month later...

+1

Something like this maybe?

s5001795ka5.jpg

i know this is REALLY late but if you still want to i'll give you a ibanez rg220B neck. its got a floyd rose nut butyou could take it off easy

PLEASE man i want that neck so bad!!! especially after it's been cut!!!

Hi guys, a just bought a BC Rich neck from Jon.

I will wait for the neck to arrive and see if it will fit my project without any headstock work.

I want to convert it into an ESP-esque headstock and my latest PhotoShop experiments showed that a BC Rich headstock can not be converted into a ESP-like headstock just by cutting the excess wood out.

There will be lots of glue work too.

But that is not aproblem at all. I am ready to do all that work becuse the result would be worth it.

I am still trading my Stratocaster neck for a pointy.

No Ibanez necks, please (I can easily make an Ibanez "beak" out of my Strat neck just by cutting it out).

Just necks with a nice drop angle at the headstock - ESP (LTD), Jackson, BC Rich... etc.

Thanks!

I am still trading my Stratocaster neck for a pointy.

No Ibanez necks, please (I can easily make an Ibanez "beak" out of my Strat neck just by cutting it out).

Just necks with a nice drop angle at the headstock - ESP (LTD), Jackson, BC Rich... etc.

Thanks!

no hard feelings man. i had the strangest craving to make supertrat. it lasted 2 days.

now a have the normal craving for a rhoads like yours. did you get your template at guitarplansunlimited?