Effect Loop Bypass

De Trepagny

I want to build my own effect loop bypass with a blend knob so i can mix my clean signal with some effect. I'm not a electronic expert, so if someone can help me with simple drawing that will realy help me!

Thanks!

Philippe

I want to build my own effect loop bypass with a blend knob so i can mix my clean signal with some effect. I'm not a electronic expert, so if someone can help me with simple drawing that will realy help me!

Thanks!

Philippe

Blend/split the output signal between the effects and an external two-channel mixer. You would have to make your output jack stereo, and use stereo leads for this however. That said - very do-able!

Basically, take your "normal" mono output and add a linear pot to your output which sweeps the signal between the two signal lines on a stereo jack (tip, ring) in which case, all you then need is a simple summing mixer and a splitter at the end of your stereo cable which feeds one signal line to the effects, and the other into the mixer.

[font="Courier New"]
---> | > ==> EFFECTS ==>|
GUITAR SIGNAL --->POT | STEREO JACK |>SUMMING MIXER===> AMP
---> | > ==============>|

[/font][/codebox]