One Of My Wires Were Severed On My Single Coil

pariah223

I was trying to remove the cover plate on my seymour duncan vintage 54 pickup, and in the process, i severed one of the coil wires that comes off the pickup to the eyelets. how do i go about fixing htis problem? do i just pull a ny strand from the coil and solder it to the eyelet, or will that not work.. help me please!!!

I was trying to remove the cover plate on my seymour duncan vintage 54 pickup, and in the process, i severed one of the coil wires that comes off the pickup to the eyelets. how do i go about fixing htis problem? do i just pull a ny strand from the coil and solder it to the eyelet, or will that not work.. help me please!!!

you mean you severed the lead from the coil. nothing left but to find the loose coil end and somehow tying them together again.

do i just pull a ny strand from the coil and solder it to the eyelet?

I guess it requires a bit of microsurgery but its do-able. I have a couple pickups laying around with broken wire in the coils but they need complete rewinding. And trying to dig out the end of the wire in a potted pickup can be like pickin' the flys**t out of the pepper, :D Its easy to damage the coil further.

I guess the easiest way would be to unsolder the main output wire and clear the hole. Unwrap your coil strand (if you can find it) a few turns and pull through the hole. Push the output wire back thru the hole from the other side and plug the hole with solder again. Then snip off the excess coil strand.

Edited by Southpa