Almost Done,need Help!

I'm refinishing a bass guitar. I have the color coat wet sanded down with 2000 grit paper. Being new to this, I thought it would looked alot more shined up by now and with less scraches so I could go ahead with the clear coat, it's not. Whats my next step or do I have to get rid of all of those thousands of tiny little scraches before the clear coat? Thanks,any help would be great.

if you still have scratches in the finish your not done wet sanding.

I would wet sand starting with 400 grit and go from there.

you might need to spray more color and wet sand again.

when you have it nice and smooth with no scratches then you can start to spray clear.

the body will look dull after wet sanding. the shine will come after you spray clear.

if you post a picture that might help. [a picture is worth a thousand w

hmm is it like my body im stripping the paint off looks really dull and grey and scratched...but when it gets wet it goes almost perfect?

im no expert but, from what ive been tought there is no need to wet sand your colour coat that fine if your gonna clear it. 400 - 600 grit wet/dry should be fine, when you clear it the clear will fill in the fine scratches. remeber you want the clear to create a mechanical bond as well as a chemical bond. if you polish your colour coat the clear will peel