Floyd Or Edge?

I dont know about yall, but i want the best of the best. But there is a problem, I dont know which one to pick!!! Floyd Rose or Edge??? I would like to know your opinions. Which tremolo do u think is better and why? Plese discuss the pros and cons of each, and why it is ur temolo of choice.

well the edge pro is alot more compact, and the whole bridge sits lower on the body, it allows you to use strings with ball ends or ones that have been cut off, and in my opinion is alot more flexable.

the screws in the bridge for releasing the strings are angled up, which allowes you to easyly remove the strings, whereas with a floyd they are flat and you have to push the whammy bar down to get the allen key in.

so in my opinion always go for edge pro

I used to have a floyd low profile, and got sick of the poor quality screws breaking off, so i just stuck an original in that i had laying around. I string the guitar with the ball end at the tuning peg, like steve vai. Of coarse i had to modify the trem a bit, but it fit quite nicely. Ive been looking at a edge trem, but i dont know about the quality. Can anyone help????

they are very good quality..i think they are alot harder metal than the Floyd rose trems because iv managed to burr so many screws on the Floyd, but only one on the edge pro..but that was my falt

• 4 weeks later...

I have 2 favorite trems : A Kahler Pro 2315 (not in your choices) and an Ibanez ZR. However, an OFR, to me, is not as good as a liscenced Gotoh Floyd (and Gotoh builds the Ibanez Edge trems) so I'd go Edge. An Edge Lo-Pro is a bit old, but I like 'em a lot. The pro doesn't have the locking studs if I remember, but it is still a great trem. The original Edge too. But DON'T GO FOR THE EDGE PRO II or the EDGE III or whatever. They're not as good. And even less for the TRS and Lo-TRS.