Saw Blades- How Many Tpi

Errrrr......why are you thinking of using a scroll saw blade in a jewellers saw frame ? just buy piercing (sp?) blades for the frame (Google 'jewellers tool supplies' or 'piercing saw blades' or something simular or even check your local Ebay).

If it's your first attempt i'd probably suggest, not that i'm an expert or anything, using something reasonably robust like 2/0 or perhaps even 1/0 if your a bit of an animal and leave the 3/0 or 4/0 until you've had a bit of practice as they'll tend to snap more easily.

This sort of thing !

Jem

Errrrr......why are you thinking of using a scroll saw blade in a jewellers saw frame ? just buy piercing (sp?) blades for the frame (Google 'jewellers tool supplies' or 'piercing saw blades' or something simular or even check your local Ebay).

If it's your first attempt i'd probably suggest, not that i'm an expert or anything, using something reasonably robust like 2/0 or perhaps even 1/0 if your a bit of an animal and leave the 3/0 or 4/0 until you've had a bit of practice as they'll tend to snap more easily.

This sort of thing !

Jem

Thanks Jem,

It's amazing when you search or use the right "terminology" ...

Cheers

Greg

That's alright mate, some of the American brand names that get thrown about confuse the hell out of me and normally when i check with a freind of mine in the US it's glaringly obvious !

Anyways, you're in the best part of the world to start dabling around with pearl work - i wish you well.

Jem