Earlex Hvlp

I think you've got to bare in mind that that's primarily designed for household decorating. It's hard for me to see that such a little compressor will actually give you true HVLP. For the price it's easy to say have a go but i think you'll find it's simular to just chucking the paint at the guitar rather than spraying it especially with a 2mm tip and no great adjustment or control over the fluid / air flow or pattern. I'd consider buying a low cost proper automotive gun that would come with a setup more suitable to guitar spraying 1.3 or 1.4mm - (Sealey gold line can be had for around £40 and even the Devilbiss entry level FLG will only pop you around £70) - and a smallish 25 litre compressor that could be had from Machine Mart or simular for not much more than a ton.

Jem

I think you've got to bare in mind that that's primarily designed for household decorating. It's hard for me to see that such a little compressor will actually give you true HVLP. For the price it's easy to say have a go but i think you'll find it's simular to just chucking the paint at the guitar rather than spraying it especially with a 2mm tip and no great adjustment or control over the fluid / air flow or pattern. I'd consider buying a low cost proper automotive gun that would come with a setup more suitable to guitar spraying 1.3 or 1.4mm - (Sealey gold line can be had for around £40 and even the Devilbiss entry level FLG will only pop you around £70) - and a smallish 25 litre compressor that could be had from Machine Mart or simular for not much more than a ton.

Jem

I just bought this on fleabay -> hope it's ok...thought the price was pretty good

Hmmm...think you still may struggle. Depending on what you're actually spraying you may need to up the thinner content - test on scrap first etc etc blah blah............................ Still, at the end of the day, you could always make your money back offering your partner and their friends a fake tanning service :D

Jem

Hmmm...think you still may struggle. Depending on what you're actually spraying you may need to up the thinner content - test on scrap first etc etc blah blah............................ Still, at the end of the day, you could always make your money back offering your partner and their friends a fake tanning service :D

Jem

Hmmm.....I'm considering using it to spray acrylic