Hi everyone,

The introduction first: I am 34 years old, live in Istanbul, Turkey. Married and have a daughter, Maya, almost 3 years old now. I run a recording studio and have been playing the guitar for nearly 22 years. Since I love this instrument so much, I have been planning to build one for myself for a long time and this forum gave me all the info I needed. After reading a zillion threads and doing some serious bookworming, I bought some pine for testing purposes. I have most of the powertools needed (router, some planes, press drill, tablesaw, etc) and built a body from scratch to test myself. Few glitches aside, it went smooth thanks to all the info here on PG. Right now I am building a test neck from beech. Nowhere near some examples I've seen here, but who cares, practice makes perfect. Got some mahogany, merbau, ash and wenge for the real thing.

Thanks for sharing all this knowledge.

Welcome!

Interesting sounding project- be sure to keep us updated with pictures!

A very warm welcome from Noob to Noob :D

I'm in the middle of my first project. I have read the books and threads everyone here recommends and I can tell you. They will give you a very solid foundation for your own fun glitches :D like mine.

Keep us informed of your progress. I will post pics of my first neck-thru Tele project soon.

Take care.

Well, thank you. I am using a modded Telecaster through a Carvin Legacy stack onstage and I am ready and willing to see a neck-through one. I bought some ash and made two body blanks and cut my merbau to size for another today. Can't stop myself from buying wood, lol. Tomorrow I'll take some photos and we can continue this conversation on the "Progress and Finished Work" area :D