How Do You Fit

axxion

I can't find anyplace that sells knobs with a momentary pushbutton switch ontop of a knob.

This aroused 2 questions:

1) How can I make one?

2) How does one wire a momentary pushbutton switch so that when the button is depressed it kills the signal? (sends to ground)

i found 2 buttons on radioshack.com, this one which is a no frills M.P.B.S and this one whis is a 'normally closed button'. Is this what I need?

I believe I saw the great Buckethead use one mounted atop his volume knob, albeit it may have been mounted in its own hole. [damn my fuzzy memory]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

i met bucket head last year and got a pretty good look at it it is mounted int its own hole and is a red button. The manager at the store i go to said that he got one at radioshack but it was reversed and when i asked radio shack they said it didnt exist im pretty sure it does though hope you find it.

Be SURE you get a soft touch button for a killswitch. I have a momentary switch here that clicks when you push it, like a stomp switch or something. It's one of the radio shack ones with the metal shaft and plastic button on top of it.

Radio Shack does sell normally off momentary soft-touch switches.

This is the one used by MANY a guitar player.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

Wire one side to your ground, the other side to the hot wire at the volume pot.

Oh, and if you find a knob with a push button built in or build one, let us know. I'd like to see that.

Edited by Hugh

I've seen a knob with a button on top.... I know I have. - just cant remember where...

I've seen a knob with a button on top.... I know I have. - just cant remember where...

probably the ones on the new fenders

smS1D1.jpg

I was actually thinking I'd seen one somewhere like maplin or on rapid electronics (I just checked them both and its neither of those 2) or something, but now you mention it I've seen that on a fender before too.

Be SURE you get a soft touch button for a killswitch. I have a momentary switch here that clicks when you push it, like a stomp switch or something. It's one of the radio shack ones with the metal shaft and plastic button on top of it.

Radio Shack does sell normally off momentary soft-touch switches.

This is the one used by MANY a guitar player.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

Wire one side to your ground, the other side to the hot wire at the volume pot.

Oh, and if you find a knob with a push button built in or build one, let us know. I'd like to see that.

Thanks for the links man -- that was a big help. As for making my own knob button, I'm makin up plans right now.

Edited by axxion

i met bucket head last year

:D

well anyways...

I wanted a killswitch but I wanted to keep my control area simple. 1 pickup, 1 volume. No Frills.

Is there anyway i could rewire that strat S-1 switching knob thing on that strat?

dont worry he wasnt that great of a guy he came to the guitar camp i went to The national guitar workshop he was actually really rude great player though Hope you get the switch working good it is a really cool effect that isnt too expensive and sounds better then alot of stomp box effects.