Bandsaw Question

slappy

For my first guitar I was able to use a friend's bandsaw but he moved. So, what is the best way of cutting neck sides without one? I don't have a scroll saw either. Yeah, I'm stuffed to the rafters with tools. But I do have a table saw. Anything?

If you have a router table. You could make your template, ruff cut with say a jigsaw(just don't let the blade wander sideways). Then use t pattern bit to get your shape.

Peace,Rich

P.S. Where are you located? I or maybe another member may live close and be willing to help you out :D .

I will usually cut to rough shape with a jig saw making sure to keep a safe distance away and then sand to shape with a sanding drum mounting in the drill press. I just bought a router table recently, so I think my next neck will be done on their with a template and temlpate bit.

Great ideas, thanks.

If you are interested in guitar building buy a band saw. How about a coping saw way cheaper than a jig saw real old school.

Since making my first few cuts with my shiny new-old bandsaw (finally got the VSD/phase converter thingy sorted out), I'm not going back to handsaws or jig saws wherever I can help it. But I've built many a guitar with little more than a decent jigsaw and a router with template bit.