Router Bit Bearings

I have a template of a strat copy and wanted to increase the body size. I'm a big guy and just need a bigger size body, kinda like buckethead did with his Jackson. Anyway, i wanted to know if you can roll masking tape around a router bit bearing to increase its distance from the body. I vaguely remember seeing something like that a while back on some website and wanted to know if its possible. Thanks ahead of time.

personally i much rather cutout and sand my bodies into shape instead of routing; whereas i would trace the template with another bearing seperating the pencil from your template;

i have used tape before to buy the tiniest of room ;ie certain inlays and tight fitting parts like cavity covers;

but you would never see any difference;

building up the tape to a noticable difference would scare me for reasons like softness uneveness and unwrapping;

have you thought about (the name escapes me) the collars that guide your router; there not on the bit but for templates; usually screwd into the base; you might have to file down the height so its good for your templte, but they add size and come in alot of sizes

Rick500, i like the idea of the washer but i don't have that much skill to cut stuff out freehand afterwards. and thanks Quarter for that ebay store, it might just be easier to just buy one online than to drive all over.

Edit: thanks maiden, but i'm just gonna go for a cheaper solution cause i don't use my router that much.

Edited by SRV_ROCKS

but i'm just gonna go for a cheaper solution cause i don't use my router that much.

if i had to pick one power tool to do an entire build, it would be the router;

i have six of them now (4 always in use)

besides shaping the back of the neck, i cant think of one major part that the router makes easier!

but i'm just gonna go for a cheaper solution cause i don't use my router that much.

if i had to pick one power tool to do an entire build, it would be the router;

i have six of them now (4 always in use)

besides shaping the back of the neck, i cant think of one major part that the router makes easier!

I see what your saying but I only did refinishes till this. When I get more into the whole guitar building scene, I definitely will buy some more expensive attachments for my router.