• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers mattia

here are some more pics

sp6.jpg

sp7.jpg

i would take photos of the back but i will need to clean it first - obviously the satin finish really wants to show fingerprints!!!

So its strung and wired and sounds excellent, I am not liking the bridge pickup for clean stuff but what it lacks the neck pickup more than makes up for - and both sound ecellent with the gain cranked

i wont get chance to set it up properly till friday because i am off to amsterdam for a few days

It is this week and i considered that but we are only going to be there two nights and its really to celebrate me and my girlfriend being together 10 years so she may kill me if i suggest such a thing!! She already has to put up with a hell of a lot of guitar stuff - that might just be a step too far :D

I was always sure that strat was going to turn out well, but DAMN thats nice!

The burst looks great, and the satin finish was definitely a good idea IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

the 'finally finished' pics

v4.jpg

th_v3.jpg

th_v2.jpg

th_v1.jpg

also had a few people trying out the fanned fret LP for me, i wasnt sure it sounded great but i have had some real experts trying it out and they all think i am being daft. All of them thought it was a lot easier to play compared to what they expected from a fanned fret build. One was the guy i am making a through neck SG for at the moment and he said he might want a FF guitar after the SG - - - even though he was very dubious about the idea of fanned frets before playing it!!

I suppose i had better get it all tidied up and finished off now - better late than never :D

SMOKIN'!!! Gotta get me one of those, the finish came out awesome! Everything fits together so naturally, I'm very impressed :D

And re: fanned frets, I've been really wanting to get myself a guitar to fool around with and see if I like it. The one thing they don't have at guitar center, go figure, hahaha. If I went through with my study abroad, I'd have called you up next semester to try one out.

How does the finished product sound? I wish I could afford pickups of that caliber *sigh*

Congrats again!

How does the finished product sound? I wish I could afford pickups of that caliber *sigh*

Congrats again!

the bridge pickup alone is great for metal stuff with loads of gain, but i aint so keen on it clean. luckily the neck pickup works great clean or distorted so its very they are very versatile as a pair