Build Seminars?

Was browsing the other day and saw this 'two day seminar' to build a guitar.

Build Seminar

Looks like they spend two days building (assembling) a Carvin kit. I was wondering if there is anyone else doing this? Not sure I'd want to leave my 'day job' and take a 3 month (or more) Luthier class. But I was wondering if anyone did something about a week long that might be a good learning experience and be more in depth than this thing appears to be.

I have a few Carvin Bolts.

They're great guitars (the kit version and the factory-built version), but it's already so easy to build them without a course, I don't know how much more you'd learn that you wouldn't by just building the thing alone.

Maybe some setup, if the course is good, I guess.

I have a few Carvin Bolts.

They're great guitars (the kit version and the factory-built version), but it's already so easy to build them without a course, I don't know how much more you'd learn that you wouldn't by just building the thing alone.

Maybe some setup, if the course is good, I guess.

That's kind of what I was thinking myself. To me it just seems like a Saga kit, just built a heckuva lot better (not a high bar to hurdle). I was looking for a bit more out of the instruction though.

Edited by X1TX

X1TX, are you close to Seattle? I was organizing my ideas for a couple of guitar courses just last week.

Here is an ad I just put out: Seattle Craigslist ad

~David

EDIT: This guitar was built by my good friend Eric so you can see the possibilities.

Edited by Myka Guitars

X1TX, are you close to Seattle? I was organizing my ideas for a couple of guitar courses just last week.

Here is an ad I just put out: Seattle Craigslist ad

~David

EDIT: This guitar was built by my good friend Eric so you can see the possibilities.

Actually, I'm in the Houston area. So by 'close' that's kind of a relative term. Certainly closer than Perth.

That guitar is beautiful. That's kind of along the lines of my vision (just not that body shape). Use of wood grains is what I'm looking at.

Your Craigslist ad has been removed.