Prs Custom 24 Neck Angle.

Hello folks.

First of all I want to say this forum rocks, I'm a newbee here and in this place are so much information about anything that has to do with guitar bulding, it's just awsome.

Actually I've decided to try to build a solid body PRS CU24 style of guitar, but I'm missing some specs like the angle on the neck. Does anybody know the angle? And finally if there is some good person out there has done this type of guitar before and willing to waste their precious time, please inform me as much as you can. Thanks.

Neck angle depends on the bridge you choose/how you set the neck/make the carve. Unless you actually have the precise carve countour map and replicate it, knowing the angle isn't going to help you. Check the pinned topic on determining neck angles in the tutorial section.

Good call Mattia. A good example of neck angle changing is the Les Paul neck angle having been a steady 4° for a long time in the Kalamazoo shop but varying when the factory upped and moved, new tooling and people build training were done. They were still Les Pauls :-D It's entirely possible that PRS' don't have consistent neck angles over time, although this is unlikely given heavy CNC work.

If you want to do an exact copy then you need to copy every last detail of the carve, height of the fretboard from the body etc. of the specimen you like. A lot of these can be thrown out of the window if you just determine the angle yourself depending on how you adapt the design to your building methods and skills.

BTW - isn't happiness spelt with an I? Sorry to jump in on pedant Tuesday!

Neck angle depends on the bridge you choose/how you set the neck/make the carve. Unless you actually have the precise carve countour map and replicate it, knowing the angle isn't going to help you. Check the pinned topic on determining neck angles in the tutorial section.

I understand that if I donate to this forum, I can access PRS Custom drawings in the download section, is that right?