Big Parts Score...

I was talking to a guy at work the other day and it turns out he used to build guitars. Of course, we talked in depth about this 'n that and he says he just doesn't have the time, inclination or interest to make guitars any more, just wants to play them. So he asks me if I want to buy a bunch of miscellaneous stuff that he has laying around. I told him to bring it all in and I'll buy. Heres a pic of some inlaid fb's (radiused but unslotted) I picked up.

New%20017.jpg

I also got:

5 rosewood fb's -unradiused and preslotted to 25.5" scale w/ rosewood binding and drilled for fb dots and sidemarkers.

3 rosewood fb blanks

1 gold Gotoh style strat hardtail bridge (brand new)

a set of nickel Schaller slotted peghead tuners for steel strings (brand new)

a cone and spider for a resonator guitar

5 sets of nickel stop tailpiece studs (brand new)

10 Alpha 500KΩ pots (brand new)

about 25 ft of white/black plastic binding

1 resonator guitar tailpiece (brand new)

2 stereo endpin jacks (brand new)

Picture

He will also bring in a fret slotting saw with rosewood handle, lots of big fat rubber bands for binding work and a bunch of misc. Grover tuners and parts.

All he wanted was $100 Cdn. for the whole lot! So I said "OK, Ya talked me into it!" :D I figure if I wanted to buy all that stuff and pay for shipping I would probably be looking at about $600.

Edited by Southpa