Wiring Push Pull Pots

srf399

I'm putting in two push/pull potentiometers and I can't put more than two wires through the tiny holes on the solder tabs of the DPDT portion of the switch!

How on earth can a person do this without buggering everything up?

Do I get rid of strands from the pickup wire and switch jumpers? seems to me the gauge will not be affected as long as the combination of combined strands soldered through the hole on the switch is more than either wire alone.

Would be so easy to just make the holes a little larger. I'd appreciate any insight here. Thank you.

I'm putting in two push/pull potentiometers and I can't put more than two wires through the tiny holes on the solder tabs of the DPDT portion of the switch!

How on earth can a person do this without buggering everything up?

Do I get rid of strands from the pickup wire and switch jumpers? seems to me the gauge will not be affected as long as the combination of combined strands soldered through the hole on the switch is more than either wire alone.

Would be so easy to just make the holes a little larger. I'd appreciate any insight here. Thank you.

Although it's the cleanest way, the wires don't have to go through the hole in the post to be electrically connected. You might consider soldering a piece of solid wire (or a clipped leg off of a component such as a capacitor or resistor or something) to the hole in the post, making a small loop, and soldering the wires through that loop. Just don't add an excess of extra wire and be careful things that aren't supposed to make contact, can't.

I've been wiring guitars for over six years and have never bothered to stick the wires through the holes in the tabs.. as long as you tin (melt a little solder on before trying to actually attach the wire) the tabs and the wire first you'll get a joint that will last for years! Tinning the wires and tabs etc also help to avoid using too much heat on any delicate bits.. especially the capacitors as you can blow these out quite easily..