stupid question i know but i need help!

i know this is a really stupid question but im honestly a bit stuck im making a guitar with a schaller 455 bridge http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/inde...html?recid=5493 (is a picture of it)

and i dont understand how to work out the height of the bridge is it the height from the bottom to the top of one of the adjustable pieces? if it is i think i measured about 15 mm does that about right?? i know tis a stupid question but apparently its quite vital so i best make double sure.

cheers n rgds

The link to the pic doesn't work for me.

If you are having trouble with finding the bridge height, and neck angle, ... the best way to deal with it is to make a side view drawing of the guitar. Measure the height of the neck from the top of the body (add the fretboard height and fret height). Now add ~1/16" for string height from the top of the last fret. Connect that height with a line to the height of the nut. That line will determine the height of the bridge if you extend the line down to the end of the guitar.

If you don't have one or all of these measurements then this will be a problem. If you are building the entire guitar and haven't gotten to the neck spec's or nut height yet, you will probably have to do this before deciding on the bridge height.

It is possible to work from the bridge first but I think it is much easier for a beginner to work from the neck first - ending with the bridge placement. That way the scale length (for intonation) and height have a much better shot at being accurate.