Which Tremolo For An Rg 570 Refinish?

XcitR

Starting my first Ibanez refinish. It's an RG 570 that I've done the monkey grip and lion's claw as described in the tutorials. Question is, what tremolo model should fit (Edge, Edge II, Edge III, Lo-Pro, etc.)? If multiple styles can fit, which is better and why? Thanks!

Starting my first Ibanez refinish. It's an RG 570 that I've done the monkey grip and lion's claw as described in the tutorials. Question is, what tremolo model should fit (Edge, Edge II, Edge III, Lo-Pro, etc.)? If multiple styles can fit, which is better and why? Thanks!

The Original Edge.

The Original Edge.

Thanks, RGman.

Original Edge only? Is this because of the post anchors, cavity size or all of the above? How does the edge compare with the other models?

with small work on the right side of the original Edge routing,you can fit an Original Floyd Rose like i made with my original 777Jem.

I made some tests and all i can say is both are the best : original Edge is a little more "sparky" respect the OFR,the second one seems more "warm sounding".

One thing im sure of is that OFR have longer sustain,i believe it depends by different materials they are made of.

bye