Tele Mounting Ring

I'm working on building a tele, and I can't find a part I want. Maybe it's not made, but who knows. I want it to have she standard p/u set, but I don't want the standard bridge. I'd like to put a tune-o-matic bridge on it, but I can't do this without putting the bridge single coil in some kind of mounting ring. It's this ring that I can't find. Rings for the neck aren't any problem to find, but bridge rings don't seem to exist. Do they exist & I can't find them, or am I stuck with a traditional tele bridge?

http://www.dguitarparts.com/puparts.htm

You could buy a tele bridge piece and cut out the portion that you are looking for or you could just buy a pickup mounting ring for a statocaster. The link I placed above has them for sale. I’ve seen other ones around too.

I've seen those kinds of rings in my search. They've all been listed as rings for the neck p/u. I'm looking for a bridge ring. I want to keep the classic look of a pickguard, so rear-routing & top-mounting the p/u's isn't an option.

Has anyone ever hacked apart a tele bridge to make a ring out of it? That's always an option, but I'd hate to effectively spend $20 for a ring that should only be 3-4 bucks.

I'm working on building a tele, and I can't find a part I want. Maybe it's not made, but who knows. I want it to have she standard p/u set, but I don't want the standard bridge. I'd like to put a tune-o-matic bridge on it, but I can't do this without putting the bridge single coil in some kind of mounting ring. It's this ring that I can't find. Rings for the neck aren't any problem to find, but bridge rings don't seem to exist. Do they exist & I can't find them, or am I stuck with a traditional tele bridge?

You could always mount the pickup directly to the body like on the old lap steels and the new GE Smith Tele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnQYoRYedF0