Custom Finish Question

I was looking into a custom Schecter C-1 (exactly the same stats as the Hellraiser, but with custom paint and inlays) and my quote was over $4,000. I love the Hellraiser inlays, so I can deal with them, but I would love a different finish. I want a straight black C-1 with a blood spatter finish (and another in white with blood spatter. My band plays in two tunings). Would the best way to do it be to send it out and have it custom finished? Can some one refer me to a good place?

I currently have one Hellraiser and I love it! I want to retire my Washburn M-20 from gigs before something bad happens to it (only 50 made)! And two more Hellraisers would be perfect!

I was looking into a custom Schecter C-1 (exactly the same stats as the Hellraiser, but with custom paint and inlays) and my quote was over $4,000. I love the Hellraiser inlays, so I can deal with them, but I would love a different finish. I want a straight black C-1 with a blood spatter finish (and another in white with blood spatter. My band plays in two tunings). Would the best way to do it be to send it out and have it custom finished? Can some one refer me to a good place?

I currently have one Hellraiser and I love it! I want to retire my Washburn M-20 from gigs before something bad happens to it (only 50 made)! And two more Hellraisers would be perfect!

Wayne Guitars do custom finishing. Check out the adverts on the www.jemsite.com site too.

It depends on what you want.

Blood splaters on an existing finish shouldn't be too hard. Use a paint like Sign Painters One Shot that doesn't need a clear coat, and well splater it. The paint and reducer are cheap so you can practice on test panels. One shot takes a long time to dry which is why it works well for pinstriping on cars, so you could remove it from a poly finish before it dries easily. Nitro, your on your own. Just use gloves and masks etc, follow the saftey labels.

I think anything other than actual splatters would look fake.

What could look cool is splattering silver or gold and then airbrushing in some details like shadows etc.. In some drips maybe hide a skull or 2 if they're larger. Then spraying a candy mixture thats a nice inbetween brandywine and candy apple over that so you would have something that looks deep and textured.

If your interested in the 2nd one contact me and we can talk about it further.