Graphite Neck Reinforcement?

Hey, if you want to share any thoughts with another Swede, give me a holler.

Hey Ola PM me. I’m in Märsta, pretty close to you. Alltid trevligt att prata gitarrer med likasinnade…

Stewart MacDonald (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Truss_rods/Carbon_fiber/Carbon_Fiber.html) have shipped things just as fast (or faster) than any Swedish supplier you could find, is my experience. And with the good exchange rate, VAT and shipping isn't even a big deal.

Jupp, but they don’t carry the sheets I’m using

Peter, I think your findings would make perfect sense. Are you still working with CF on your soundboard bracing?

I have only built one Acoustic, but if/when I do it again I will probably use it at least for some of the more crucial braces. And the reason is more the greater memory than the strength.

Peter, on the oak tests how thin were your laminates?

The laminates were of cause thicker than with real sheets of graphite. And that’s the most troublesome part of my test. I might do it again some day with the real stuff. But the lams were pretty thin and the square bars of Oak were oversized in roughly the same percentage as the lams. This is some time ago and I don’t have the notes from the tests here. They got misplaced somehow.