Tune-o-matic Bridge Too High

I have very nearly finished my first build but when I put the strings on I have found that even when the tune-o-matic bridge is at its lowest the action is still too high. I have to lower it by at least another 5mm. The neck is glued in so there is nothing I can do with the neck or neck pocket.

I realise this is a stupid mistake!

Does anybody know of a really shallow tune-o-matic bridge I can buy?

Otherwise, I guess I am going to have to recess the bridge poles (and possibly the humbucker rings). How can I get the bridge pole sockets out? (I hammered them in pretty tightly)

Any help much appreciated.

I have very nearly finished my first build but when I put the strings on I have found that even when the tune-o-matic bridge is at its lowest the action is still too high. I have to lower it by at least another 5mm. The neck is glued in so there is nothing I can do with the neck or neck pocket.

I realise this is a stupid mistake!

Does anybody know of a really shallow tune-o-matic bridge I can buy?

I've heard that Carvin makes a shallow tune-o-matic but before you order, you should check what bridge height you need.

Out of curiosity, when you say 5mm. Does that mean your action around 12 is about 2.5mm high when the TOM is bottomed out? Lower the bridge 2 units you lower the action around 12 about 1 unit.

Setch is right that is pretty far off, and you should look close at your methods, so this doesn't happen again. You are going to have to either recess the TOM or adjust your neck angle.

Peace,Rich

Out of curiosity, when you say 5mm. Does that mean your action around 12 is about 2.5mm high when the TOM is bottomed out? Lower the bridge 2 units you lower the action around 12 about 1 unit.

Setch is right that is pretty far off, and you should look close at your methods, so this doesn't happen again. You are going to have to either recess the TOM or adjust your neck angle.

Peace,Rich

At 12th fret the action is about 3mm when TOM is bottomed out. I am going to recess my existing bridge practicing on scrap first.

I have just looked at my original drawings and they look perfect. However, I think the problem was that originally I was going to have an angled neck but then changed my mind. After that I did not redraw a plan instead I relied on measuring which I obviously got very wrong! This is not even the biggest mistake I have made on this guitar (not even in the top five). It has been good fun though and I am now looking forward to my second build.

Thanks for all the advice.