Kent Armstrong

otgordin

Hey guys,

Lemme just start by saying that since i found your site about a month ago I have been reading it and the forum pretty regularly and you guys rock. Here is my question... I have a dillion prs copy,

http://www.dillionguitars.com/guitar/elect...R500/index.html

the body is solid maple, i dunno why, but it is. I want to change out the pickups for a set that will be able to handle hardcore, emo and blues. I have a decent digital pedal, so i can eq out some of the guitar's extra "brightness" when needed. I have been looking at the cheap kent armstrong pickups online (not the real ones, but the WD music ones) I was thinking a M213K for the neck and either a M214K or M215K for the bridge. Ya can't beat 70-80 bucks for a set of new pups. Does anyone have any experience with these. I couldn't find any reviews other than on harmony central. THanks.

-Vadim

btw, yeah, i know i would have to pot them myself.

• 6 months later...

hmm personally i like carvins website as it shows you the freq response of each pickupt hey sell.. and for my money they are worth every penny.

The WD music ones ARE the 'real' ones, as far as I can tell. That's the site you get linked to directly from the KA site.

As for the quality... I don't know from experience, but some people here and some over at Guitarist/Total Guitar forums have used them and have had good experience with them.

Greg

wow, I completely forgot I asked this...

Hey guys,

When said real kent armstrong pickups I meant the handowound jazz ones. Not the mass produced ones on WD. As far as changing out the pickups goes... I played my buddies gibson lp and decided I like my pickups alot more than I thought. Peace. And thanks for the replies.

-Vadim