New Tuning Gizmo

Southpa

I went into Long&McQuade's with a $20 gift card after Christmas, intending to get a cheapo tuner. Saw the same D'Addario pack and asked the guy, "do I REALLY get a tuner with that?? $20 easily spent!" He was like, "I wouldn't. Get the strings if you need strings, but get a different tuner. That thing sucks." I said, "How exactly does it work?" His reply: "It doesn't. Not very well at least."

I'd be curious to know if he's totally just full of crap or if the thing is a bit dodgy. I ended up buying el-cheapo Korg chromatic tuner. Can't go wrong with those.

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine showed me the pick-sized strobe tuner back in October of last year. It was interesting. I didn't really like it much, and since I tune my own guitars to Eb, I wouldn't be able to use it at all. The only tuners I use are Petersons (I use a Strobo-Flip at my workbench & a Strobo-Stomp on my remote station). They are quite small and very accurate. This pick-sized thing isn't exactly something to holler about.