Formula To Figure Out Board Ft.?

I know you are probably thinking, "great another question by this guy!!!!". But anyways I ran into another problem. I am trying to get prices from different places for Mahogany to use for my neck. I called two places and they told me that they can not give me any quotes unless I know the Board ft. . I was just wondering what the formula is to figure this out. I was quoted $11 per board ft. My calculations came up with about $281 for the wood for the neck, so I know that I did something wrong someplace. the formula which I used was T"X W" X L" divided by 12.

I know you are probably thinking, "great another question by this guy!!!!". But anyways I ran into another problem. I am trying to get prices from different places for Mahogany to use for my neck. I called two places and they told me that they can not give me any quotes unless I know the Board ft. . I was just wondering what the formula is to figure this out. I was quoted $11 per board ft. My calculations came up with about $281 for the wood for the neck, so I know that I did something wrong someplace. the formula which I used was T"X W" X L" divided by 12.
Here's the formula.

thickness (inches) x width (inches) x length (feet) ÷ 12 = board feet

If you use inches for the length then divide by 144

or try this link.

Link

MK

Edited by MiKro