Paulacaster. My Next Project

Been having a bit of dead time in between paint jobs,repairs and whatnot at the shop and decided to give it a go to my second build. I'm waiting on some name stickers for my first build so I will finally finish that one soon.

It is a weird mix between a Les Paul and Telecaster hence the name. Les Pauls are affectionally known as "Paulas" here in Spain. The body is made of american walnut, burly black poplar top, indian rosewood neck and madagascar ebony fretboard. I will use a Gotoh stop tail piece, Gotoh 510 tuners and probably DiMarzio Virtual PAF pick ups.

It will be finished (or at least I will try to) in a sort of cherry sunburst tinted into the body.

I still haven't decided on the headstock. I was going to make it an angled back 6 in line, but I'm not too sure about it now. Should I go for a 3X3 instead? It probably makes more visual sense given the shape of the body.

Anyway. Here is a pic with the newly routed (and burnt) body edges.

Any comments and ideas are welcomed.

Front;

76977570le2.th.jpg

back;

77571569kr9.th.jpg

With neck woods;

96075692cw0.th.jpg

:D

To keep the hybrid theme, shouldn't it be 4 + 2?

The shape looks cool.

Thanks for the idea. I think I have a 4+2 set of Schaller tuners somewhere around the shop. I'll toy with that idea a bit and see what I can come up with.

nice looking, nice timbers too. the waist looks a bit thin (doesnt seem to go in enough on the bottom part of the guitar, where your leg would be). very nice anway

It was all done by hand with no templates so the "curve" could be a bit small. I'll fix it in next one.

Thanks for the comments ppl. Right now I am trying to figure out the finish colour and neck profile to use. We'll see what I come up with :D