Hss Diagram....help

BA3844

I want to be able to have 1 vol, 1 tone and a simple 5 way to be able to switcht:

1. HB only

2. both single coils

3. All pickups together ( this is crucial )

If I end up with a couple more choices that is fine but I have to have the first three selections, not ness. in that order of course.

Will I have to use a push-pull for the Volume pot ?

The S-Duncan site has a "Switch for bridge pickup" diagram. But it shows a single coil at the bridge and I want to use a Golden Age HB(2 cond/1 ground)...does that matter??

That is the closest diagram I can find to match my needs. Also it is easiest for me to comprehend ( diagram=good / technical schematics=bad)

thanks

Thanks..I saw those already and what I can't find is a diagram that allows for all pickups to be on at once.

I think the S.Duncan diagram "Switch for bridge pickup" is the closest thing......not sure though

I want to be able to have 1 vol, 1 tone and a simple 5 way to be able to switcht:

1. HB only

2. both single coils

3. All pickups together ( this is crucial )

If I end up with a couple more choices that is fine but I have to have the first three selections, not ness. in that order of course.

Will I have to use a push-pull for the Volume pot ?

The S-Duncan site has a "Switch for bridge pickup" diagram. But it shows a single coil at the bridge and I want to use a Golden Age HB(2 cond/1 ground)...does that matter??

That is the closest diagram I can find to match my needs. Also it is easiest for me to comprehend ( diagram=good / technical schematics=bad)

thanks

excuse me if im a retard and not understanding here, but cant u just use a standard strat-style 5-way selector wiring?

i rewired an ibanez jem once for a guy, and it sounded awsum when it was finishd, i cant remeber th exact wiring but i cud probs draw it up if its what ure wanting.

it goes like this:

1: neck pickup

2:neck + middle

3: neck + middle + bridge

4: middle + bridge

5: bridge

then u jus send th output from the 5-way to the volume and tone controls.

i found with the ibanez that this gave a really large range of tones, and it actualy only took me 15 mins or so to do the actualy wiring!!

if this is what ure wanting, ile draw up a diagram for you, just email da_free_runner@hotmail.com and let me know, as im not always on this

I just rewired my Ibez RG, and it's 5 way poles are actually configured as 2 switches in 1. There are 8 poles in total, the 2 center ones are the outputs, 1 for one half of the switch, and the other for the other half. The way the switch is set up, the first position the bridge, second position bridge and center, third position center, forth position center and neck, fifth position for neck.

Unless I'm having a brain fart, you could wire it as follows; HB on pole 1, center and neck PU on pole 2, 4 pole to the volume pot. That should give you the following setup;

Position(P)1:HB

P2:All Pups

P3:2 singles

P4:2 singles

P5:No output

I have a Franken-Mustang with a variation of this setup. I like the 5th position (neck) "No output" because it acts as my kill switch.

Cheers