Cad Cam And Laser Cutting Wood?

Jehle

Howdy folks,

I know it's been a while since I've posted. I feel like a noobie. Perhaps I should say that I used the search button and didn't find anything and that's why I'm posting this question. There... An ounce of protection...

First off, I have a question about CAD/CAM and getting wood parts laser cut. I'm reaching the point where doing repetitive work by hand is too slow. Making templates and jigs speeds things up, but that still uses a lot of my time to make raw parts. In the process of getting CAD stuff up and running, I naturally thought about going into CNC or CAM stuff to do the bulk of the work for me. Then I remembered that another guitar maker I know uses a friend with a laser cutter to make his fretboards.

So, do any of you guys have any suggestions or contacts that you can share with me? Perhaps you even have this stuff in your shop and could do the work for me, I'll pay a resonable amount as well. Any help is appreciated.

------

Secondly, I've got some great news. As many of y'all know, I'm building cigar box guitars almost exclusively now. Just this past month, I sold this cigar box guitar to a two-time Grammy Award winning folk artist... and no, I can't tell you who it is because it violates laws on promotion and what not. I'm over the moon about the sale though. To think that one of my CBG's is going to played on stage by a real artist is overwhelming!

CBG-JR.jpg

Go Me!

Very Cool! :D I have had a couple deals that were similar. One large custom shop I do work for doesnt like me dropping their name because they don't want people to know the parts are "outsourced". I do my best to comply.

I have a laser cutter, and most of the laser work I do is guitar/instrument related. I've dealt with several luthiers here on projects. I'm a "verified vendor" PG sponsor. I'd be happy to help you out if I can. The best thing to do is call me with the specifics, or you can email me.

Doug West

Shop- 937 866-0327

doug@parableguitars.com

Secondly, I've got some great news. As many of y'all know, I'm building cigar box guitars almost exclusively now. Just this past month, I sold this cigar box guitar to a two-time Grammy Award winning folk artist... and no, I can't tell you who it is because it violates laws on promotion and what not. I'm over the moon about the sale though. To think that one of my CBG's is going to played on stage by a real artist is overwhelming!

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jehle/photos/CBG-JR.jpg

Go Me!

That's your "calendar girl" isn't it, Bill? :D

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jehle/photos/CBG-JR.jpg

Go Me!

That's your "calendar girl" isn't it, Bill? :D

Why yes, it is Mrs. February. Glad that you noticed. :D