Explorer

crudlo

HI

im building a gibson explorer type guitar with a jackson style neck. its my first build

24 frets

bolt on

mahogany body

maple neck

bareknuckle warpigs

schaller floyd

ebony binding

ebony volume and tone knobs

so far i have shaped the body and put a bookmatched top on, and routed for the neck pocket.

next im going to install the floyd rose. heres some pics

GuitarPics051.jpg

neck

topclamped

stuff

body

so i got a question about the floyd. i want to recess it but im not sure if my body is thick enough, its 42 mm thick....could anyone tell me what the optimum body thickness is?

anyways thats about it, any tips or opinions are welcome im going to finish it natural

p.s how do i make a channel for the wiring between the switch and the pickups and stuff without a pickguard??? thanks

Edited by crudlo

so i got a question about the floyd. i want to recess it but im not sure if my body is thick enough, its 42 mm thick....could anyone tell me what the optimum body thickness is?

Not sure what the "optimal" body thickness is. You'll have to draw out your design with all the nice things like neck angle & height, floyd height and recess and body thickness.

I think you'll be fine though. Make sure you get a short block floyd (not sure if you can get them but you might be able to get an aftermarket block), especially if you're also going to recess the back plate. The Ibanez Edge comes in a short block version (HR) for recessed installation.

Check this guy out - http://www.floydupgrades.com/