Standard Tremolo Dive Bombs?

okay, so basically what i've got going on is a standard tremolo, the kind that attatches with six screws... if i adjust the screws on the claw to relieve the tension on the bridge block.. then the tension on the strings will raise the side of the bridge opposite to the six screws. Then will i be able to bend the pitch in a similar way to that of a floyd rose?

what i'm wondering is will this setup. a) break anything important on my bridge

and b)work like i think it will?

thanks for any help

okay, so basically what i've got going on is a standard tremolo, the kind that attatches with six screws... if i adjust the screws on the claw to relieve the tension on the bridge block.. then the tension on the strings will raise the side of the bridge opposite to the six screws. Then will i be able to bend the pitch in a similar way to that of a floyd rose?

what i'm wondering is will this setup. a) break anything important on my bridge

and b)work like i think it will?

thanks for any help

You mean you want to set it up to float, right? It was made for that, it won't break anything. And yes, it will work.

Here's a good trem setup page

And this one is even better

I'd definitely look into getting locking tuners though, that will definitely help you stay in tune.

I have to disagree...at least partially.You will NEVER get the range of a recessed flod with that bridge...and under heavy use it will wear quickly and will never stay in tune as well as a double locking floyd.

That's not what he's asking. He just wants to know if he can set up his strat trem to float similar to the floyd. If the Fender trem was as good as the floyd, there would have been no reason to invent it, right?

I just installed a Trem King today... still have to finish the guitar, but I'll probably string it up in the next week to test things out.