Temporary Switches In F-hole?

I have to figure out a way to get 2 mini switches on my Hamer Newport and I would really prefer not to drill into it. So I thought there might be a way to get them mounted on something that would fit inside the guitar, with the switches sticking out of the f-hole. Does anyone have an idea how I might pull this off?

You could get 2 metal or wood brackets tape on and have holes in those to mount the switches. You could also glue the bracket on for a more ermanent solution. You could also place them in a small project box and tape or glue that onto the body of the guitar. Drilling holes would be the best aestically and also wouldn't mess with the tone at all.

how about clamping them like you'd clamp sound hole pickup onto an acoustic?

that would work prettywell look pretty slick if done well and would be completely reversable.

Edited by joshvegas

I would do it like this: Two metal strips, aluminium is good, long enough to stradle the f-hole. Drill a hole through centre of both for the switch mounting threaded section. Put some foam pads on the end of each metal strip. Put into guitar with one strip under sound board and one above, Switch through both pieces then put washers and nut onto switch and tighten carefully. Foam will stop any scratching of the finish. Just make sure it won't react with the finish on your guitar! Some types of foam do!

Keith