Hello, I'm 15 years old and love to play guitar. I've just recently been interested in making my own guitar. I can't imagine the satisfaction that would come out of it and would very much like to experience that. Now, I know what you're probably thinking, "He's 15 years old he doesn't have the patience," but this is something that I really feel that I would take my time with seeing as how it would be pretty costly.

I look forward to learning about this intriguing hobby and hearing what everyone has to say.

Is that book found in most public libraries or is it something that you have to buy?

Also, which I'm sure is probably common for beginners, the main hindrance is the fear of spending so much money only for it to turn out bad. This could most likely be overcome by being well informed, like MexNoob said, which I plan on being.

Edited by Appleseed

Age means nothing. I'm 17 now and I started when I was 14.

Just be prepared to do a *lot* of reading and ask plenty of questions. Plus it takes a lot of money if you want all the right tools, but you can get away with a few very basic ones, it just takes a bit more skill to use them.

Feel free to use the search engine and read the sticky threads here. There is lots of info to be found.

Oh and don't except your first guitar to be amazing. If you read up on it enough odds are it will turn out playable, but probably not pretty. But it's so addictive I guarantee you will be building lots :D