Amplitube Help!

Hey guys,

I have Amplitube 2.1 and I'm trying to use it via plugging my guitar directly into my soundcard with an adapter that'll change the 1/4" plug to a 1/8'' one so it can be plugged in. However, Amplitube isn't picking it up no matter how I fiddle with the settings. Help? :D

Hey guys,

I have Amplitube 2.1 and I'm trying to use it via plugging my guitar directly into my soundcard with an adapter that'll change the 1/4" plug to a 1/8'' one so it can be plugged in. However, Amplitube isn't picking it up no matter how I fiddle with the settings. Help? :D

You need a preamp. Try sending the guitar through a pedal first, that might work.

If you're going to use the built-in soundcard, you can use the mic input... Mickguard is right, you need a preamp and then go into the "line" input instead of the mic, but the mic input will at least sort of work... just with an impedance mismatch and mediocre sound.

You need the mic input enabled.

You also probably need a different driver than the one your soundcard came with, which is rarely a low-latency driver. If you're on Mac, you might be fine. If you're on Windows you'll probably need an ASIO driver, like "ASIO4ALL" (just Google) which will work with 90% of onboard soundcards and Soundblasters out there.

Then in Amplitube, you'll probably need to tell it which input to use....!

Hmmm...

I'm still getting the message "Could not find input or output hardware". Here is my setup, maybe I'm doing something wrong, wouldn't be surprised. Guitar--->Cable--->Adapter so it will fit into the soundcard plugs--->Vox Cooltron Big Ben--->Realtek AC'97 Line-In. Even if I try it without the pedal into Mic it doesn't work :/

Might have to crack and buy the USB adapter :D

Edited by Lord-of-the-strings