My First And 2nd Builds

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around these forums randomly and finally decided to register and start learning more from plethora of knowledge here.

Anyways I recently graduated from the Guitar Craft Academy program at Musician's institute I've been trying to get my own side business started doing repairs, setups, refrets, etc... for the local music scene where I live. So far work has been steady but slow, I've only been getting 2-3 guitars a week.

Anyways heres my first build

l_63ff904d6f0dbad0acc45224eca57e3a.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this build, i realized there was alot i could have done better once i finished the guitar, but im pretty happy nonetheless.

indian rosewood fretboard, mahogony neck and body.

Heres my second build which I have not finished yet, but so far im pretty thrilled with it.

l_ba20574b0dac667de1ee4b9afa83670a.jpg

l_87e6654163079abd4087f98a12ece046.jpg

l_8b694dffa180489a1e94c739daf339c7.jpg

these pics are a bit outdated, as of right now this guitar is done being shaped and and i am final sanding everything and prepping it for painting.

The body is basswood, with a multilamnete maple neck.. its hard to see in any of the pictures but the neck has a slight flame to it. the fretboard is cocobola which i unfortunatly learned that i was allergic to in the process of building this guitar (it gave me a sinus infection =L). The guitar has 24 frets, the body design was kind of based of the gibson blues hawk, just without the f-holes. im planning on putting on a schaller hartail bridge with the rolling saddles, grover mini rotomatic tuners, a humbucker from hell in the neck and a tonezone in the bridge. theres going to be one vol pot, and a 3 way toggle switch.

Good work. I like the heel on the non-pointy guitar. How long is your tenon? I'd be afraid to carve away that much of the body.

dont know the exact measurements to be honest, i pretty much just routed out the neck pocked once my neck was done, then popped in the neck, moved my hand around like i was playing that high up, and drew out the basic shape of where my thumb would be and move around back there, then evened it out for good cosmetics and started removing material away slowely with an angle grinder to help get the nice flatness, then shaped the rest with chisels.