Hi,

I have posted a few times already, but only now realized there is a new members section. My name is Vadim, I am a sophomore bio-medical engineering student. I have been playing guitar for about 4 years. My main axe is a dillion prs copy, along with several garage sale finds. Pretty much nothing that is too nice to not get tinkered with. I was thinking of building a guitar this summer, but this site has convinced me to probably do it over winter break.

-Vadim

p.s. If anyone has experience with the kent armstrong PAFs, let me know.

It is pretty awesome (I have a 500x). My roommate has a 2000 gibson LP special with humbuckers and says they are about even in playability, but thats according to him. He has played the dillion, i have never played the gibson cause he is afraid to bring it to school. Hope this helps. Did you try e-mailing Dillion to see if they have any nearby dealers info@dillionguitars.com. As much as I love the guitar, I would have to say go a and try one tho. Its a guitar, I still can't get used to the concept of buying one without beltin out a few power chords first.

-Vadim