4x10 Cab

Hmm.

Is the whole box 1/2" ply?

Not to criticize, but I ain't feeling too warm and fuzzy about the use of 1/2" ply for a speaker enclosure, especially a sealed cab. I worry about a lot of flexing as internal air pressure fluctuates. Cheap Marshalls have 1/2" bodies, and Bogners and Mesas and Soldanos have 3/4" bodies. And my ears tell me a TON about sonic integrity.

Just something to consider.

its just the baffle (and rear) that is 1/2 " i assume the rest is 3/4" pine (?).

1/2" ply for the baffle seems a bit thin to me for a 4x10, unless you have some bracing down the middle of the baffle. if you dont have the bracing it wont be a problem, just wont have quite the same punch that a sealed 4x10 would normally have, but im sure it has plenty considering it has 10" speakers in a sealed cab

what speakers are in there? hows it sound?

i've started making a 2x10 that is very rough (i expect the thing to get thrashed over time) made it entirely from 19mm pine and its an open backed design. works well for me.

i've started making a 2x10 that is very rough (i expect the thing to get thrashed over time) made it entirely from 19mm pine and its an open backed design. works well for me.

If you are starting to,and you need opinions you might check out the celestion guitar loudspeakers site,i cannot give you a link its flash site or whatever there are some usefull info inside that site you might wanna consider.

:D:DB)

black labb is right just the from and rear covers are ply the rest is 3/4 pine, it has bracing inside. as for the speakers they were in an old crate that i had. the box on the crate broke so i made the new one. as for how it sounds its got a lot deaper sound then the old cab and its alot louder for some reason:S but thats a good thing. i have a peavey valveking tube head