Pre Fretting Neck Relief?

I have a SUPER stiff neck that's very close to shaped, and I'm wondering how much relief would be good before I fret it. I still need to sand the fingerboard a bit more, and right now there's .015" of relief at the 10th and 11th fret slots with the truss rod loose.

If ~.01 is what I want fretted and strung, is this too much pre fretting?

I guess basically I'm asking if the frets will back bow it more, or if the strings will add more relief? It'd be easy to take off .005 by sanding it after all.

Thanks,

Todd

I have a SUPER stiff neck that's very close to shaped, and I'm wondering how much relief would be good before I fret it. I still need to sand the fingerboard a bit more, and right now there's .015" of relief at the 10th and 11th fret slots with the truss rod loose.

If ~.01 is what I want fretted and strung, is this too much pre fretting?

I guess basically I'm asking if the frets will back bow it more, or if the strings will add more relief? It'd be easy to take off .005 by sanding it after all.

Thanks,

Todd

Dead Flat. If for some reason the fret tangs force the neck into back bow, the strings should counter it shortly, or you can clamp it over night and work that out(assuming, your slots are not cut too narrow for your fret wire).